We all know Zoom. Maybe some of you might not know much about it earlier. But at least after the outbreak of the covid 19 pandemic, most of the companies turned towards zoom for connecting online. Though many software’s can replace Zoom, But it still stood as one of the most popular video conferencing platforms on the market. Zoom’s popularity is fast growing due to many organizations worldwide implementing Work From Home policies for their employees in the wake of the corona virus outbreak. When in-person meetings aren’t possible, the software allows users to connect remotely with coworkers or bosses. Don’t fail to read this blog till the end. Because I will explain how you can record zoom meeting on both Android and iOS. Let us get started.
Record Zoom Meetings On Android & iPhone
As previously said, with the COVID-19 corona virus wreaking havoc around the globe, Zoom has become a necessary tool for several teams. Zoom is accessible via a multitude of devices, including mobile. Zoom meetings can also be recorded using your smartphone. However, because this is done via cloud recordings, you’ll need a premium subscription to access this feature. Many times you would have tried recording the Zoom meeting. Because, unlike at the office or college, you might have been busy with several other works at home during work from home or college or office meetings.
Still, we would not like to miss what is going on during the meetings. That is when we usually try to record the meetings. If you are looking to understand the process of how you can record the ongoing zoom meetings, then this blog is for you. But before getting into the blog, let me tell you this. You cannot locally record the video from your device and be the meeting host for you to cloud record the zoom meeting. To be a host, you have to take the license. And if not, you have to be permitted as a co-host.
The Step wise Process To Record a Zoom Meeting on Android:
- Open your Zoom application. If not downloaded, you can open the google play store and download it.
- Make sure you are either the host or co-host of the meeting.
- Now, while hosting the meeting on Zoom, you will see five options on the bottom of your screen. Click on the last option that is on the bottom right. It is the “More” option, and three dots represent it.
- When you click on more, you will get a list of options like Lock meeting, lock share, etc. On the top, you can see an option that says “Record.” Click on the record option.
- Now your meeting will be recorded. To check if the recording is on, you can verify if you can see a recording option that is visible on the top right corner of your device. If yes, then the meeting is being recorded. Or else try selecting it again.
- If you want to pause the zoom meeting recording or stop recording it, you can again click on the more option, this time. It will show you the recording symbol on the top. And you have to click on the stop option that is beside the recording bar. It will be square in red color, click on it.
- When you click on it, the recording will stop. Now you can resume the recording whenever you want, or you can even save the recording till then by clicking on save.
- Now go to the recorded option under the meetings in your Zoom app to see all the recorded videos.
Process to record on iPhone or iOS:
- Recording zoom meetings on iOS is similar to recording Zoom meetings on an Android device. Open the Zoom application on your iOS device and make sure you are the host or co-host of the meeting.
- As you open the meeting, You can see the option on the bottom of the meeting screen. Click on the bottom right corner option, which says “More”.
- Now you will get a few options saying “Record to the Cloud,” Disconnect meeting, and Advanced settings.
- Click on the record to the cloud, and this will start recording the meeting. To see if the meeting is getting recorded, check the recording icon visible on the right top corner of the screen.
- If you want to pause or stop the recording, you can again click on more, and you will get a popup about the recording, then click on the Pause button or stop button from stopping the recording. This recording will be saved on the cloud.
The zoom recordings are not saved locally on your device. Either by using Android or iOS, the recordings are saved on your Zoom cloud. You can check the recording in the recorded videos in your app. Remember that the cloud storage of the Zoom app is limited so you cannot store more than the allowed storage. So either you can delete the previous videos that are no longer useful or you can record only the important videos. And one more exciting feature about this inbuilt zoom recorder is that it can transcribe the audio of the meeting automatically.
If you do not want to get the license or find limitations using the zoom in built app, then you can use some third-party applications to record the Zoom meeting. You can even make use of the device inbuilt feature that allows you to screen record. If you use the device screen recorder or third-party recording apps, then the recording will directly be stored in your device locally. I hope you understood the process about how to record a zoom meeting using the inbuilt zoom feature. Let me know how this blog was helpful to you through comments.