Find Wi-fi Password on iPhone: Quite often, we forget our wi-fi password. We keep trying different passwords, check if you would have written it somewhere, ask your friends if they remember, and whatnot. Imagine getting disconnected, and you should contact service guys to reset your password. Oh, come on, isn’t that too much effort? Did you forget your wi-fi password and are here to know how to find it? Don’t worry. What if I say we can find out our password on an iPhone? Yes, there are few ways where you can find out your wi-fi password from your iPhone. In this blog by TechMumma, I will explain the stepwise process of each method about how to find wi-fi Password on iPhone.
How to Find out wi-fi Password on iPhone
Method 1:Using a router to Find wi-fi Password on iPhone
The wi-fi routers provide you with an option to see your wi-fi password by logging in as admin, and you can change a few settings like password, etc. It would help if you had your iPhone connected to the wi-fi before starting the process. Check the iPhone connection with wi-fi and if it is connected, follow the below steps.
- In your iPhone, go to the menu and click on “Settings.” In the settings, select “Wi-fi.”
- Click on the “i” icon available beside the “Wi-fi” network you are connected to.
- Now open the “Router” option available and note down the ip address of the router that is visible.
- Open the Safari web browser and type the router ip address. Click on enter.
- Now, you will have to give the credentials you created during the router setup, And your iPhone would have saved those login usernames and passwords.
- After logging in, open the “settings” or “Wi-fi” network to find the password.
Using iCloud Keychain Sync to See Your Wi-Fi Password
Do you know that your iPhone is packed with all your passwords related to the apps, websites, wi-fi network, etc. A program called Keychain saves all this by Auto filling them in the login forms. Having iCloud sync will keep track of all the saved logins to date, and you can see it in your Mac when you log in with the same id. Here is a stepwise process to see your wi-fi password using the iCloud Keychain.
- Open your iPhone menu and search for “Settings,” and click on the iCloud option available in settings.
- After selecting the iCloud option, click on Keychain and turn it/ enable it.
- Open the keychain access application in your Mac by logging in with the same id.
- Now select the name of your Network and double click to open it.
- You will see many options in the window from which you can choose the “show password” option.
- Note that it will ask you to enter the login credential of the administrator account to see your wi-fi password. After entering your login details, it will show you the password.
Find Personal Hotspot Password on iPhone
This method is the easiest way to find out your wi-fi password. All you need to do is to follow the process mentioned below.
- Open your phone and go to “Settings.”
- Enable/ turn on your “Personal hotspot” on your mobile
- Look at the menu, and you will find the “Wi-fi” password.
- The password available there is your wi-fi password.
If you want to find your lost wifi password without much effort, you can use any of the above methods mentioned in this blog. I use the third method as it is pretty simple and also handy. If you found this blog informative and helped you, let me know which method you find more comfortable and easy. And remember to note it down on paper or in your mobile notes so that you don’t lose it again.