Well, the first thing you should do after purchasing a Spectrum router is to set a username and password. It will be easy to identify your network and remember the password to change it to whatever you want it to be like. Also, when you change your password and username, it would be difficult for hackers to hack your network and steal all your private information. It is always suggested and will be helpful if you can create a strong password for your network. If you are looking for the process to set your newly purchased Spectrum router’s username and password or if you are looking to change the credentials of your spectrum router, then you are at the right place.
In this blog, I will brief the detailed process to set and change your Spectrum WiFi username and password in different ways by using the Spectrum app on your mobile or by using the browser. You can choose any way that you will be comfortable. Read till the end as I have mentioned some of the useful information in conclusion as well, which might be helpful to you while following the process. Let us get started.
How To Change Spectrum WiFi Name And Password
Steps to Change your Spectrum WiFI network Name and Password:
This is the process you should follow when setting your Spectrum WiFi username and password for the first time. It is easy, and you can follow the steps below to change the settings.
- On the backside of your spectrum router, you can find the router’s IP address right next to the router login.
- Open a web browser. In the address bar, which is on the top of your screen, type your router’s IP address and press enter.
- Usually, you get a warning sign, then just click on the Advanced settings link to proceed further.
- Now in the text boxes, enter the name and password of your spectrum router ( these are the details that are available on the back of the router, try giving a default username and password that is ‘admin’) and press the Login button.
- You can find an option called Advanced on the top menu towards the right corner of your screen( you can also skip this step if you cannot see this option)
- Now, you will see settings, connectivity options, etc. Under connectivity, choose WiFi 2.4GHZ and WiFi 5.0GHz.
- On the top of your screen, you will see many tabs like Basic, WPS, Stats, Advanced, etc. Select the Basic tab.
- Please enter the name in the SSID text box, avoid adding personal details as this is public, and anyone can view it when they are within the range.
- Below the Security setting, you will find an option to set your WiFi password. Type the passwords and retype them in the below textbox to confirm it.
Changing your Spectrum WiFi name and password using Spectrum Online Account:
You can change the Spectrum WiFi name and password using the online account when you do not have a spectrum app in your mobile. It is a commonly followed process as most of us do not install the spectrum app as we don’t use it often. Remember to save the details, so you need not enter the login details when you want to log in the next time.
- Open the web browser( Mozilla Firefox or Chrome) in your system.
- In your browser, open the spectrum official page. You can open it by typing spectrum.net in the address bar, press Enter.
- Now enter your username and password to sign in to your spectrum account. If you enter the right credentials, you can log in without facing any issues, but if not, there is an option called forgot password, and you can click on that to reset your password.
- After you log in, you can see options like Account summary, billing, etc. Click on services.
- Next, select the Internet option, below services and equipment.
- Click on the Manage Network button. It will now direct you to a page where you can change your username or password.
- After changing your username or password, click on save.
Changing your Spectrum WiFi name and password using Spectrum App:
If you have the Spectrum mobile app in your smartphone, you can follow this process to change the Spectrum WiFi name and password. It is more comfortable when compared to changing it in the web browser through the online account. Even while using the mobile app, it is better to save the credentials as the app might not be logged in all the time. It will be difficult for you to log in the next time if it gets logged out.
- Open the google play store or Apple store in your smartphone, type My Spectrum and download the spectrum app in your mobile.
- Open the app and click on the “I agree” checkbox regarding the terms and conditions.
- Enter your Spectrum account credentials and sign in to the app.
- At the bottom menu of the screen, you will find an option that says Services.
- Under services, you can see the router, and below that, there is a link that shows View & Edit Network info.
- You can change your credentials here, type the new password and username, and click save to save the new changes.
If you have any issues changing the username or password of your spectrum router, you can always reset it. And remember that whenever you change the password or the username of your Spectrum, that WiFi network will get logged out automatically, and you have to log in using the new username and password into your devices that are using that particular WiFi. It would be easy for you if you can note it down somewhere, as it will be helpful to refer to whenever you want. Do this, and you will thank me later. I have covered different ways you can use to change the Spectrum WiFi username and password, and I hope you found it helpful. Let me know in the comments session if you would like to know any other details regarding the same.