Amazon Echo is the device that lets you connect Alexa name where you can control it through your voice. It works as an assistant where you can command it to get things done. There are multiple practical usages for this device. For eg, you can ask Alexa basic things like what time/day it is or setting up an alarm. Here is the complete guide on how to change the alexa name.
If your house is equipped with smart electrical devices, then it can be controlled through Alexa as well. Every time you use Alexa, you need to wake it up saying Alexa. If you do not like saying Alexa every time you use it, there is an option to change it too. In this article, we are going to explain in detail about how to change the name of your Amazon echo device.
How to Change Alexa Name:
Change Alexa name using the official app:
- Install the Alexa app on your phone. If you are using your computer, open alexa.amazon.com website.
- On the top left corner of your screen, you will be able to see three horizontal lines. This is the menu button. Tap on that.
- The last option on the menu is Settings. Tap on that.
- Now click on the device settings.
- Tap on the device that you want to change.
- Now scroll down a little bit and you will be able to see “Wake word”. Click on that.
- Unfortunately, you can not name the device as you wish. You need to select the device name from the give three alternatives. They are Amazon, computer and Echo.
- Select the name you want to choose for the Echo device. Note that updating the name of the device may take few minutes. So do not worry if your echo device does not wake up with the new command the very next minute.
Rename without using Official app:
In case if you are unable to install the app and want to change the name, there is another way for it too. Follow the below steps to do it.
- For this method, we will be using Alexa to change its name.
- Ask Alexa ‘ Alexa, can we change your name’
- Now Alexa will respond asking you to choose from the three options. Amazon, Echo and computer.
- Select the option you prefer and say it to Alexa.
- Alexa will give you confirmation that its name is changed now.
How to change Alexa’s name with a Fire tablet:
Alexa can not only be used with Echo devices but also with Amazon fire tablets as well. Note that this works only with the 4th generation or newer tablets. If you want to change the Alexa name with a fire tablet, follow the below steps:
- Connect your tablet to a WiFi or cellular network.
- Now open the Settings app on your tablet.
- Click on the device section and tap on Alexa.
- Enable hands-free mode if it is not already.
- Now tap on the Wake word section and select the word you wish to call Alexa with.
Hope we have covered everything in detail about how to change the Alexa name. If you have any issues regarding the above article, just comment below your queries. We will get back to you with the solution as soon as possible.