What would you do if you have to attend a quick meeting and do not have time to fix your messy background? Of course, you will look for any feature that can edit or blur the background to fix the temporary situation. In this pandemic, most of us are working from home. Where this feature is so useful while attending any official video calls online. Also, many of us prefer to blur out the background, even during a casual call with friends and family. In this article we are going to discuss on how to blur background in video calls on iPhone.
Blur backgrounds during important calls can help us remove the inappropriate surroundings and allow the other person to focus on us. Many applications have already implemented this in the video calling features, and with the new iOS 15, this has become possible in iPhone and IPad. At the WWDC event, which took place in 2021, Apple announced the next-generation iOS for iPhone. With many other exciting, welcoming features and facetime updates, it has also planned to include these background blur features in its new upcoming OS to make its users more comfortable.
The background blur feature is appreciated by almost all the iOS users as it is much required in the current situation and even in future. If you are one among people waiting to use this awesome feature without any delay, go through this blog to know how you can enable this feature in the iPhone facetime apps and iPhone third-party apps. Read the blog till the end to understand how to enable the background blur option in iPhone even while using third-party video call apps. Let’s get started.
How do I Blur Background in Video Calls on iPhone and iPad?
Before getting into the process, let us see the list of phones that support the feature of how to blur background in video calls on iPhone. Unfortunately, this feature is not available in all iPhones. iPhones support it only with an A12 Bionic chip and above. Here is the list of devices that supports this feature.
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro
- 12 Pro Max, iPhone Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12
- iPhone SE
- IPad (after 7th generation)
- iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhoneXR.
If you have any devices among those that I have mentioned above, you can enable the feature in your device. Now, let us understand the process of enabling the background blur during facetime.
Enabling Blur Background using Facetime
we can enable blur background during video calls in iPhone by using Facetime. Here is the process on how it works.
- Launch the facetime on your iOS device that supports the feature.
- Open Face time and make a video call. On the right button corner, you will see your window view
- Click on your window view to expand it
- After expanding the window, on the left top corner, you will find an icon that will enable the background blur option
- Select the option, and this will instantly blur everything behind except you in the video call.
- If you want to disable the background blur again, tap on the same icon, the blur will be disabled.
Note: The blur during facetime is not adjustable. It comes by default which is not so strong. It helps in blurring and covering the messy background to some extent but not completely.
Enabling Blur Background During Video Calls using Third-Party Applications
Suppose you want to blur the background during the video calls in your iPhone while using other apps like Instagram, WhatsApp. Snapchat etc.
- Start video calls on any third-party app of your choice.
- During the call, open the Control center (if you are using touch ID as security to your iPhone, then swipe from the bottom of the screen to open the control center, if you are using face Id, then swipe from the top of the screen)
- In the Control center, you will find many options like Mic mode, focus, etc., among them. You will find Video effects on the left top corner. Select and long press on the Video effects option.
- Now you can see the Portrait option on your screen in the left top corner, which is disabled.
- Tap on the option to enable it, and now you can tap on anywhere on the screen to return to the call. You will see the background blurred in your window screen.
- If you want to disable the background blur, you can follow the same process and again tap on the enabled Portrait option to disable it and continue with the call.
Are you already excited to try this new feature on your device? Do not forget to check the above list of devices that support the background blur option before trying it and wasting your time on devices that do not support the feature. With this feature, you can attend the meetings or any official calls peacefully without people in the call getting distracted by your surroundings and background. I hope this blog about the background blur feature on iOs has provided you with the information that you are looking for. Let me know how this feature is helpful for you and what you think about it through comments.